Sunday, September 29, 2013

Outdoor Talk

        Last week in class we took the advantage of the weather and had class outside. It was great to do that for once. being a media student and having a full time job its hard to find time to just sit outside and enjoy it.

      When we were all sitting in the circle and going over our projects, someone in class didn't do their project and he was honest about it. I was surprised he was that up front about it and that we had a meaningful discussion about it. I think many people took something away from that small chat and that is what stood out to me.   

       I got to thinking and I wondered  how many thoughts and ideas came from someone not doing something or what hasn't happened because of someone not doing something. Like this post for instance, had he not said anything I wouldn't be typing this and would be typing about something else in class or not be working on homework at all. Who knows, maybe because of this my life is being saved because I am not driving to McDonald's right now and maybe I could have been killed on the way there in a strange accident. But that's getting very dramatic high school teenager on you.  Any who, our history could be completely different just over this simple idea.

       The funny thing is that the ideas or thoughts may not have been intentional. I'm sure he didn't expect to have a discussion about it and I'm sure that's the last thing he wanted out of it. It just makes you think about how much in our lives is changed over the simplest decisions.

       I think that I could use this sort of information in my creative thinking. I think sometimes ideas are created by being at the right place at the right time. It also depends on how aware you are at the moment and what you are thinking. Like for instance, there could be a battle between a mouse and a rat named Leon behind me, I'm in the right place and right time but since I'm looking at my computer screen and not behind me, I would be missing out on precious ideas. So I think I will try to be aware of my surroundings more and more to help break my creative thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment